Friday, September 23, 2005

Pre-Nesting Activities and Panhandlers

Actually, we’ve got a nice little Saturday planned. Gonna hit Home Depot in the morning, pick out some paint colors. Then, on to a department store within the May Company family and to Target to register for wedding gifts. In this area, The Boy thinks he is pulling a fast one by acting like he doesn’t really want to go. Evidently, it would not be masculine to admit to being stoked to pick out home decor items. But anyone who knows him knows as well as I do that he will be the more opinionated one of the two of us. He keeps telling all of his friends that he’s excited about going, but only because he gets to shoot the laser gun. Great. Maybe afterward, he can pee his name on the sidewalk.

Then, maybe we’ll hit Bed, Bath and Beyond—I don’t know if there’ll be time.

Tonight I am going on a date with The Boy. I mention this, because it truly is remarkable. I have not had a real conversation or been in the same room as he, absent of any other people/responsibilities/football games in a couple of weeks. That, in concert with trying to grow accustomed to living what feels like someone else’s life, is making me act like a crazy person. I keep picking fights with him over I don’t even know what. He tells me I’m being crazy. That makes me angrier because, come on, I already know that. Time to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. Or a diagnostic tool for the problem, at the very best. So, hopefully we will fix our telepathy headphones in time for our rendezvous this evening. I don’t know if it’s from the hurricane or what, but the blasted things just haven’t had a great signal lately.

Extended Stay with Little Sister and les chiens was executed successfully. Little Sister did not have school today, so her best friend slept over last night. I went to bed at about 11, and they were watching The Sixth Sense for the first time. Sarah woke me up at 3:00 am for no reason, but she tells me today that she wasn’t scared. Maybe she just wanted to make sure I had not been raptured. The time was mostly hitchless, except for the beagle’s overzealous pursuing of my lapspace and a terrifying encounter with a giant cricket in the laundry room. I yelled him into oblivion. So, apparently I much prefer virtual crickets to the black, crunchy variety. Mostly because you guys don’t have thoraxes.

This weekend I have to interview a panhandler for a story. I feel nervous about this, but I know you all will be breathless, once again, with anticipation. What will she do this time? What inappropriate comment will she make? Stay tuned, as I have an assignment due on Tuesday, so try as I might, I can only put it off for so long.

S’all for now. Happy Friday to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

 
C'est-à-dire - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords