Friday, January 21, 2005

Thanks, it's great to be here

Welcome. After much hestitation and gnashing of teeth (notice I did not mention "public outcry"), I have a blog. Don't get too used to it, as I may soon be citing the aforementioned public outcry as a reason for the demise of said blog.

Went to three stores today in search of sleds in preparation for the alleged upcoming weekend storm. I thought I was planning ahead, but by the angry looks on the faces of the WalMart and Target employees, perhaps no. I can't tell you the last time I used a sled (the cafeteria tray in college did not count). I followed this mom-of-a-crying-toddler not just around Target, but then to another store. I was indescribably grateful that no one asked me how old my child was; I felt sheepish enough loading the sleds into my Corolla while the mom loaded hers into her Nissan UnVan. "Haha, yeah, these are actually for me and my boyfriend." I may look a little like an adult, but really, what have we always been taught about judging books by their covers?

No comments:

 
C'est-à-dire - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords