Friday, June 10, 2005

Hugh Grant and A.O. Scott, Jr.

In Kohl's today, after another day of clockwatching at "work," I was shopping in the junior's department. (Because I still can, and I'm too cheap/"financially burdened" to buy nice, expensive clothes. And, yes, I realize I have no obligation to explain any of this. Onward.) The two high school girls working in the section are yelling to each other across the rounders about movies. One of them mentions Spanglish, and the other asks how it was.
Me: Fabulous! It does such a great job portraying the many ways we misunderstand each other and what it really means to communicate, on various levels.
Girl #1: Ugh, it was so stupid. Definitely not like, you know, a normal Adam Sandler movie.
Me: Right, because those are the epitome of thought-provoking.
Girl #2: Oh, sounds like it was along the same lines as Punch Drunk Love.
[Neither girl speaks because only one of them has heard of this film and clearly neither has seen it]
Girl # 1: Right, whatever. But, you know, like it was totally some of, you know, MY relationships to a tee.
Girl # 2: (Tries to look pensive as she hangs capris)
Me: (Giggling, tries to figure out how she's going to manage this one)
Girl # 1: Well, like, Adam Sandler is like this totally hot shot chef, and he's got this trophy wife...but actually she's really a psycho. I mean, like really. So, you know.
Me: (Fakes a cough to play off the chuckling)*
* - Everything marked "Me" in that paragraph occurred silently EXCEPT for the laughing.

The brightest part of today is that I got some serious fabulousness for cheap. A couple peasant skirts and tanks and capris...crickets probably don't care much for couture, but I'm pretty stoked.

Came home and ate Freschetta pizza and ice cream with Edes while watching Bridget Jones. See what happens when The Boy leaves the country? I act like a collegiate spinster. Again. And it's kind of fun. I'd love to tarry longer, but I think Hugh Grant is beckoning me to come to bed. Love, Actually it is. Adieu, to you and you and you. (My, isn't that optimistic?)

No comments:

 
C'est-à-dire - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords